The Department of Chicana/o Studies is now hiring peer advisors for the 2022-2023 academic year. Application is due Friday, November, 4th.
Peer Advisor Job Description:
As peer advisors, you will assist students with any basic or general inquiries they may have, otherwise refer students to schedule an appointment with the undergraduate advisor, Roy Gonzalez (email@example.com). Peer advisors are also expected to do general clerical work such as filing, scheduling appointments, updating files, retrieving phone/email messages, and answering phones.
In addition to maintaining the office, there are a number of projects that each peer advisor works on throughout the academic year:
- Ordering books and desk copies for faculty and teaching assistant
- Creating handouts for announcements and new course offerings
- Maintaining department bulletin boards
- General advising: assist students with degree audits, change of major petition, and general questions
- Peer advisors are expected to work on these projects as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Customer Service
- Effective communication
- Willingness to learn
- Active listening & empathy
- Graphic design
- Social media savvy
To learn more or if you have any questions, please contact the Undergraduate Advisor, Roy Gonzalez: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Application form: https://forms.gle/drH6oVDcjTZCKAZ57
- Job Opportunity
October 17, 2022 - 4:23pm